Sunday, April 20, 2008

Free Trip!!!


At work they had two free tickets to the Capital One Bowl in Orlando, Fl on Jan. 1st. They decided to do a drawing with the people in our Support group. Only 6 people put their names in for the drawing, but I was pretty sure I wasn't going to win because I don't really win stuff like that. Anyway, they drew a name out of the bucket, and then our Sr Director said, "Okay, before you read the name, let's see who didn't win!" They proceeded to draw names out one at a time from the group that didn't win. When it was down to three people, I was still in the running, but so was a coworker from FL who said, "If I don't win this trip, I'm not going to see my family for the holidays." It was kind of sad, because her name was drawn next. Then it was down to me and one other person. They switched to read the original name of the person who won the trip, and it was me!!!! I was so excited! The trip included tickets to the game, free airfare, hotel, car rental, and food; basically an all-expense paid trip!


The game was awesome, and our seats were incredible! I discovered a recent love for college football, and two great teams played in this game, Florida and Michigan. We didn't really care who we cheered for, so we chose Michigan because they had better colors (I DO NOT look good in bright orange). It was so crazy with SO many Florida fans, but Michigan ended up winning, and it was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds awesome! Who did you go with?